Please inquire about prescription refills during your appointment. If your child is out of his or her medication, please notify us as soon as possible by calling (207) 784-5782 during regular office hours.
When calling for a refill, please have the following information available:
- Patient’s name and date of birth.
- Your relationship to the patient (if applicable).
- Telephone number where you can be reached during the day.
- The doctor who prescribed your medication.
- The name of the medication and its strength.
- How much of the medication the patient takes each day.
- The quantity requested. (i.e. 30, 60, or 90 day supply)
- The name and location of the pharmacy.
Please give us a 48-hour notice for all prescription refills whenever possible.
We are unable to provide prescriptions over the phone.
Should your child have an adverse reaction to a prescription or over-the-counter medication, please notify us immediately by calling (207) 784-5782.
Please view our Behavioral Medication Policy for more information about practice policies concerning refill requests for Psychiatric and Controlled Substance medications.
If the expense of a prescription is a concern for you and your family, there is information posted below about prescription savings programs. In addition, you may wish to call around and do some price comparison shopping.