Shared Decision Making
Shared Decision Making is the process in which both the parent or guardian and the provider contribute to the medical decision-making process and agree on treatment decisions – this ensures that the parent or guardian is supported to make the right decision for their child. In shared decision making, the provider and the parent (or guardian):
• recognize that a decision is required
• seeks to know and understand the best available evidence
• takes into consideration the family’s values and preferences
Remember: Adolescent patients can be an important part of shared decision making too!
Below are topics in pediatric healthcare that require shared decision making. Each topic has a link to a document that provides information about the topic and what to expect when discussing the topic with a provider here at Pediatric Associates.
- Model of Shared Decision Making
- Well Child Roadmap
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Call 784-5782 anytime during our office hours to schedule an appointment.